Data Protection: Reloaded The data protection regime which is currently meant to provide our electronic life with basic privacy and protection is set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and in related legislation. The 1998 Act in turn implemented the European Data Protection Directive of 1995 into UK law. That was a very different…
Our Dispute Resolution team has extensive expertise in resolving disputes in this area, including:
- Applications to vary the terms of a settlement
- Claims against trustees
- Disputes arising out of lifetime gifts
- Claims over entitlement to a grant of representation to the estate
- Claims relating to the validity of a Will
- Actions against Personal Representatives
- Disappointed beneficiary claims including claims for financial provision from the Estate under the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependants) Act 1975
- Court of Protection work
We respond rapidly and effectively to the needs of our clients, and as appropriate we propose Alternative Dispute Resolution, always mindful of the need to minimise legal fees, which can sometimes be mitigated by alternative funding arrangements.
We are members of the Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Solicitors.