Henry is the Head of the Family Department with over 20 years’ experience in family law following a career in commercial litigation.
Henry is a specialist in high value divorce. In this context he has extensive experience of financial claims involving great wealth and complex assets (based both in the UK and abroad), pre-nuptial agreements and children matters.
Henry acts for UHNW individuals (and their spouses) of all types ranging from bankers, entrepreneurs, senior lawyers and substantial property owners, both urban and rural. He has a particular focus on the landed estate due to his own farming background, and is particularly aware of the wide range of complexities that can arise in such cases, of which dynastic trusts, partnerships and issues of liquidity are examples.
Henry is an accredited Resolution Specialist in advanced financial provision and private children law; he is an accredited mediator, a collaborative lawyer and a family arbitrator (finance only).
He is a Fellow of the International Academy of Family Lawyers, the Lowtonian Society and is a member of the Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (IFLA) and Agricultural Law Association.
Henry was named in the Family section of Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers and is recognised in the Honours list as a leading lawyer in family and matrimonial work, the highest category of the Citywealth Leaders List 2017.
In 2018, Henry was ranked in Band 2 and listed as a Leading Individual in the Family/Matrimonial Section of Chambers 2018 and praised for giving “an enormous amount of thought to his cases” and as being “very supportive” with “superb technical skill”.
In 2017, Henry was ranked in Band 3 and the Family section of Chambers UK noted as “a solicitor with enormous experience and gravitas” who “gives enormous thought to the tactical and strategic implications of decisions”. In the same year, he was ranked in Band 3 for Family/Matrimonial in Chambers HNW 2017.
Henry was also listed as a leading Individual in the Family section of Legal 500 2017 and highlighted for being a “first rate mediator”. He was recognised as a leading Individual in the Family: Mediation section of Legal 500 2017, where he was described as “judicious in his approach and well versed in generating thoughtful solutions for participants to consider”.
In 2016 Henry was recognised in the Family section of The Legal 500 as having “the Midas touch on high value cases”
In 2015 and 2016, he was listed as a Leader in his field in the Family/Matrimonial and Private Children section of Chambers UK. In the 2016 edition, he was described as “empathetic, pragmatic, straightforward and gently persuasive”
- “Henry is one of the leading family law solicitors specialising in financial work: clever, authoritative, great with clients and best when heading up the big money cases. He has, like Hunters, real style.”
Citywealth Leaders List 2016
- “Very bright and thoughtful”
Legal 500 2016
- “Gives an enormous amount of thought to the tactical and strategic implications of decisions.”
- “He has a very good and strong practice. He has a very nice manner with clients”
Chambers HNW 2016
- Henry is “a class act.”
Chambers HNW 2017
- Henry Hood is ‘judicious in his approach and well versed in generating thoughtful solutions for participants to consider’.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- “the Midas touch on high-value cases”
Legal 500 2016
- Henry “provides pragmatic advice and is good at getting tough when required. You don’t want to mess with Henry and he isn’t at all intimidated by a litigious opponent. His wealth of experience provides a superb backbone to any divorce case and you simply feel that you are in a strong pair of hands when he is dealing with your affairs. Ultimately he gives you the confidence that he will do everything to get the right settlement for you.”
Chambers HNW 2018
- “He is very affable and very supportive. He is brilliant with high-profile private clients.”
Chambers HNW 2016
- “A solicitor with enormous experience and gravitas.”
- “Midas touch on the big-money cases”
Legal 500 2015
- “empathetic, pragmatic, straightforward and gently persuasive”