Paul qualified in 1982, became a partner in 1986 and was elected senior partner in April 2011.
He specialises in all aspects of charity law, and handles commercial and residential property, company/commercial matters and employment law matters. He acts for a significant number of charities, clubs and other not-for-profit organisations, whilst also representing many companies and business partnerships.
Paul is a member of the Charity Law Association.
Paul is recommended in the Charities and Non-for-profit section of the Legal 500 2016, with referrers highlighting that his “experience is considerable.”
Paul is listed as a Leader in his Field in the Charities section of Chambers 2016.
- “Charming, extremely enthusiastic and extremely hard working”
- “Paul Almy has excellent judgement and a good bedside manner”
Legal 500 2013
- “His experience is considerable”
Legal 500 2016
- “Knows what he is doing”
- “Very sharp”
- “Experienced private client lawyer”
Legal 500 2014
- “Sound, experienced and sensible lawyer who is a good person to have in a senior position at the firm”