Richard has been a partner since 2003, and advises on a wide range of financial and child related disputes arising on the breakdown of a relationship.
His cases are often complex and high in value, and draw on his expertise in trusts, overseas assets and property ownership. Richard is frequently instructed to obtain injunctions, both financial and for his clients’ personal protection.
He is a trained collaborative practitioner and a member of Resolution.
Richard is recommended in the Family section of the Legal 500 2016, in which Hunters’ Family Department is described as “an outstanding team that places strategic advice, client care and thorough preparation at the top of its list of priorities”, with referrers praising Richard whose “tactical and negotiation skills are second to none.” Richard is also recommended in the Contentious Trusts and Probate section for his “measured, sensible and confident approach to litigation, which ensures that his clients’ best interests are promoted at all times.”
In addition to his Family work, Richard has a complementary litigation practice with a primary focus on relationship generated trust and inheritance act disputes. He is listed as a Leader in his Field in the Contentious Trust and Probate section of Chambers 2015 and 2016.
- “He handled a difficult case in a calm and balanced way. He took a pragmatic approach to ensure that the client was not entangled in any costly side issues”.
- “He is very efficient and he handles clients brilliantly”
Legal 500 2014
- “He comes highly recommended.”
- “measured, sensible and confident approach to litigation, which ensures that his clients’ best interests are promoted at all times”
Legal 500 2016
- “His tactical and negotiation skills are second to none”
Legal 500 2016