Amy has joined Hunters from a well-regarded commercial firm in Leeds. Amy’s focus in recent years has been on complicated finance matters with an international dimension since obtaining an LL.M in International Law (with distinction) from the University of Nottingham in 2014. Last year, Amy successfully acted on a leading jurisdiction dispute, and is often instructed by clients based abroad.
That said, Amy has a strong experience in domestic finance disputes, especially those with complicated high value asset bases, and when Amy is not dealing with international work this work makes up her main caseload.
In addition, Amy has experience in unusual Children Act work, such as cases where the courts’ inherent jurisdiction is invoked; location orders sought, and where guardians are appointed. Amy also litigates property disputes between unmarried couples and prepared pre and post nuptial agreements.
Amy has also worked on pioneering legal applications. In 2015 Amy was instructed by the Child Support Agency to act for them in defending an appeal on a question which had not been before the court before. And in 2012 Amy obtained the courts’ permission to serve family proceedings by Facebook for the first time.
In 2010 Amy was shortlisted for the Law Society of England and Wales’ Excellence Awards: Junior Lawyer of the Year 2010 for her “intuitive, determined and demonstrated lateral legal thinking.”
Amy is an active member of Resolution, and Chaired the North and West Yorkshire Young Resolution’s Committee throughout 2016.
Amy is a Next Generation Lawyer and is recommended in The Family Department section of The Legal 500 2019.
- “rising star of the future – she is clever and extremely thorough”
The Legal 500 2019
- Amy has a “first rate brain”
Legal 500 2014
- Amy is a “star of the future”
Legal 500 2013
- Senior associate Amy Scollan has impressive experience in international cases, with a primary focus on European matters. She is acknowledged by market sources as “an incredible lawyer,” with forensic attention to detail and solid interpersonal skills.
Chambers and Partners 2017
- Amy Scollan has ‘exceptional technical ability and an authoritative understanding of international family law’.
The Legal 500 UK 2017