Jo is a solicitor in the firm’s family department having joined Hunters in 2004. She became a Partner in 2016. Jo is an accredited specialist in financial provision on divorce and in Children Law.
She has broad experience of the complex financial aspects of divorce proceedings, dealing with cases exploring issues of inherited assets, trusts and company law, as well as advising on wealth protection pre-marriage – including pre-nuptial agreements. In addition, she advises on disputes concerning children and on the issues surrounding cohabitation and other forms of family breakdown. She is a trained collaborative lawyer, and a member of the London Collaborative Family Lawyers pod. Jo is an accredited mediator and a member of the Family Mediators Association and Resolution.
In November 2014, Jo was appointed to Resolution’s Property, Tax and Pensions Committee.
Jo is recognised as an Up and Coming lawyer in the Family/Matrimonial Department of Chambers UK 2019, where she is described as “extremely personable and supportive.”
Jo is a Leading Individual in the Family: mediation section of The Legal 500 2019 and is recommended in The Family section.
Jo is recognised in the Up and Coming in the Family/ Matrimonial Department of Chambers UK 2018, where she is described as “superb – very technical and very detailed.”
Jo is listed as a Leading Individual in the Family: Mediation section of The Legal 500 2017 and is recommended in the Family section as “quickly becoming a real force to be reckoned with.”
Jo won Bronze for the ‘Family Lawyer of the Year’ category at Citywealth’s Future Leaders Awards 2016.
Jo is recommended in the Family section of The Legal 500 2016 as “extremely able.”
Jo is listed in the Citywealth Leaders List 2017 for Family and Matrimonial.
- “Provides pragmatic advice” and is “extremely personable and supportive”
Chambers & Partners UK 2019
- “always focused on getting a good resolution for her client”
The Legal 500 2019
- “leaves no stone unturned; she has a great eye for detail and approaches each case with sensitivity”
The Legal 500 2019
- Jo-Carr West has ‘an excellent manner with clients and helpfully leads them towards a negotiated agreement’.
The Legal 500 UK 2017
- ” I have worked with Jo Carr-West on a number of high net worth financial cases and have also referred several to her as a mediator. I have always been impressed with her detailed knowledge of financial issues, including complex trust matters, and the confidence with which she deals with clients individually and cases as a whole.”
Citywealth Leaders List 2016
- “Extremely able”
Legal 500 2016